Experience ChromeOS Flex today
Try the cloud-first, fast, easy-to-manage and secure operating system for PCs and Macs. ChromeOS Flex is a sustainable way to modernise devices that you already own. It's easy to deploy across your fleet, or simply try it to see what a cloud-first OS has to offer.
The upgrade your PCs and Macs have been waiting for
Install ChromeOS Flex on your PCs and Macs so they are secure, boot fast, don't slow down over time, update automatically in the background and can be managed from the cloud.
Fast, modern work experience from anywhere
- Devices boot quickly, don’t slow down over time, and update in the background, reducing device downtime
- Experience fast access to VDI and web apps with an intuitive, clutter-free and reliable experience
Fast deployment and easy management
- Deploy ChromeOS Flex across your fleet via USB or network deployment and a user's settings and policies sync to the device almost instantly
- Use the Google Admin console to manage updates and configure device policies remotely
- Blocked executables and sandboxing technology eliminate the need for antivirus software
- IT controls prevent data loss on lost or stolen devices
Make the most of your existing hardware
- Refresh your older devices with a modern OS and extend their lifespan to reduce e-waste
- Deploy a more energy efficient, sustainable solution while experiencing lower total cost of ownership
How it works
A USB drive is all you need to experience ChromeOS Flex on your PC or Mac. It only takes a few minutes to get set up, and we'll walk you through it.
Create a bootable ChromeOS Flex USB drive to try ChromeOS Flex prior to installing it.
When you're ready, install ChromeOS Flex on your PC or Mac to replace your operating system.
Deploy ChromeOS Flex to more devices in your organisation via a USB drive or network deployment.
Deployment of ChromeOS Flex really saved us. When you have a stable, safe and no-hassle operating system at the hotels, that really, really affects our employees, and of course the guests as well.Read the case study
When to consider ChromeOS Flex
Whether you're just learning about ChromeOS or looking to accelerate your cloud-first OS deployment, ChromeOS Flex makes it easier than ever.
Easily try modern computing with cloud-based management on existing devices.
Reduce e-waste and extend the life of your existing devices by transforming them with a modern OS.
Deploy a cloud-first OS on purpose-built hardware for specialised use cases like kiosks or digital signage.
Manage and secure your ChromeOS Flex fleet with Chrome Enterprise upgrade
Chrome Enterprise upgrade unlocks the built-in business capabilities of ChromeOS Flex devices. Use Chrome Enterprise upgrade to secure and manage them alongside Chromebooks in the cloud-based Google Admin console.
Remotely wipe or disable devices and enable sign-in restrictions to ensure that data stays in the right hands.
Choose to roll out updates gradually or automatically with the added option for long-term support channel.
Granular device controls
Enable Single Sign-On, identity-free login and configure printers and Wi-Fi networks.
Reporting and insights
Pull insightful reports including 7-day active metrics, OS versions and crash reports.
Scalable, cloud-first management
Manage devices remotely in Google Admin console, use third-party UEM solutions or use Chrome Policy API to manage at scale.
Try ChromeOS Flex
Enter your information to get directed to installation instructions, see certified devices for ChromeOS Flex. Interested in ChromeOS Flex for use at home? Click here
You’re ready to install!View the installation guide
Looking to manage ChromeOS Flex devices for your business? Start your Chrome Enterprise Upgrade trial today at no charge whether you have a managed Google Account or don’t have a managed Google Account.